What is B4 School Check?
The B4 School Check is a free health and development check for your four year olds that helps to make sure your child is healthy and can learn well at school.
What age ranges are covered by B4 School Check?
Between 4 and 5 years of age.
Who should I see for B4 School Check?
Please book an appointment with your Doctor's Nurse. Inform the reception that this is for B4 School Check so that can check and book the appropriate slots with your Nurse.
How long does it take and what does B4 School Check involve?
It takes between 45 and 60 minutes and include the following components:
- Obtaining informed parent/guardian consent
- General Health Assessment
- Height and Weight measurement
- "Lift the Lip" dental assessment
- Review of immunisation status
- Parental Evaluation of Developmental Status assessment
- Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire
- Referrals to appropriate services
- Referral for hearing and vision testing
For further information visit http://www.moh.govt.nz/b4schoolcheck